I just moved in with my new flatmate, iltaru
. If you're already on my shanaqui
flist, then you have seen all the pictures and dorkery, and you have also already seen this. But this is an Official Rules Post.The Plan:
Read our own height (~5'4"/1.5m) each.The Rules:
1. Floor to knee: must read new books, i.e. ones we haven't read before.
2. Knee to hip: anything goes.
3. Hip to shoulder: serious stuff, i.e. non-fiction, literature, poetry, plays. (Joy's says "Sirius stuff" because she has a character called Sirius.)
4. Shoulder to top of head: unexpected stuff, i.e. stuff we wouldn't have thought to read otherwise. This one is going to be awkward for the two of us: we have long and varied careers in reading.
5a. Joy can only reread a book if she hasn't read it in two years.
5b. I can only reread a book if I intend to do a new review.
6. The challenge ends 1st February 2010.Picture:Here
We currently have only interim charts up: I will update with progress pictures in the future, and hopefully we will realise our dreams of nicely colourful charts.Progress:
(* indicates a reread.)wilderthan
: Hip to shoulder
, Charles Dickens.Shoulder to top of head
, Sarah Waters.iltaru
: Floor to knee
-The Demon's Lexicon, Sarah Rees Brennan.Knee to hip
-The Dragon Reborn, Robert Jordan.*
-The Vintner's Luck, Elizabeth Knox.*Note:
Soon I will be setting up a community on LiveJournal, and possibly a mirror on Dreamwidth, for unorthodox challenges. For example, reading height in books, knitting your weight in yarn, watching your height in DVDs, read around perimeter of room, etc. If you are interested, then let me know so I can poke you with a link sometime soon.
The comms have been created! readheightetc
. It's not just reading your own height, either. Anything goes, like I said.